lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

How the Coldest Day Became the Shinier One

It’s freeing!
I think it was on November or finals of October. She had 10, I was 12. Some friends and I were at the park of my house just hanging out talking about T.V. shows and some other stuff.
 Some of them where sitting in the floor. Some others, including me and her, were sitting in the concrete, almost broke bench.
“Did you saw the movie last night on Disney Channel?” someone asked.
“I did, but I had seen it like 49 times. It bored me!” she said.
I had seen it also, but I didn’t say a word. I was concentrating in getting my hands warmer.
                It was a freezing day; the one that you would like to be in your warm, little bed, rolled like a big taco with 3 bedcovers, hugging one pillow like it’s your mom. And having a hot chocolate at you bed-side table. That type of day and so freezing that just touching the porcelain of the cup will make your lips tremble and go very cold and almost convert into ice.
                But we were all out, just talking about things you could talk inside. Perhaps now, I understand why a get a cold some weeks later.
                Anyways, we were all laughing about some jokes, or how everyone’s teeth were shaking and making a little, funny noise like a crystal bell calling for dinner in a royal palace.
                One by one, every one was going to their home
                “My mom is calling me” said ones.
                “It’s just to cold out here, besides, I have to visit my cousins” said one.
                At the end, only Marcos, her and I were talking about the new Harry Potter movie that was coming out soon.
                “Its number four” said she.
                “I know” said Marco “its called The Goblet of Fire” remarked with excitement. Finishing these sentences, he lifted-up and said “I will get some snacks and a hot chocolate from my house, do you want some?” said pointing to both of us.
                “No thanks” we both said at the same time.
                “Ok, I will come back in a minute.” He said, rubbing his hands, trying to make some heat between them and putting them in his face.
                “We will be right here” she said with a trembling voice, while I saw the little smoke coming out of her mouth.
                As we watched him go away, joking about the funny way he walked and the bubble gum he had pasted in his pants, she HUGED me!
                “I’m freezing” she said to me while tying her arms in my orange, puffy sweater and putting his head in my shoulder.
                “Ok” said I, while hugging her back, putting my hands over his shoulder, putting my head over her head and completing “lets share a hug and heat.”  
                “And, what would you be doing for Christmas” asked. I felt his mouth move in my shoulder, making me a little tickle.
                “Well, with my family, I suppose. And what would you be doing fro New Y…” I never ended that sentence.
                She kissed me. She was the first person I’ve ever kissed in my life. Later on, I knew that I was the first person she had ever kissed too.
                It was so freezing, but in that specific moment, I felt like the sun turned on. I didn’t know what to do in that moment. But I stayed and responded the kiss. It lasted like 7 seconds, but she and I felt it like forever.
                We both separated our lips and looked to our eyes. Her eyes were like mines: very deep, dark brown. We held our hands in that moment. She went red like a tomato or like a rose. She held his head down. I remember to take his chin up, take out the fringe out of her eyes and just gave her a little kiss on the check.

                Two years later, she moved out. I still speak to her in Facebook. Nobody knows about that little moment in the park. Not even Marco that by the way he never appeared back that afternoon. We were all afternoon talking about how we saw people kissing or hugging and saying how disgusting it was. But now, we did the same things and not because of fun, but because we both felt the same way.
                I always her that you feel butterflies in your stomach, and I never believe it. Now, I know they are true. Not only in your stomach, but all over your body.
                I think that’s why I prefer cold than hot. I think is better because you can huddle with the person you want, or take how much hot chocolate you want, doesn’t matter how full you are.
                So, this is my story of how the weather changer my life. How the coldest day became the shinier one.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario